Are you looking for French Home Inspiration?
Take a look at this dreamy Parisian apartment owned by Interior designer Emilie Bonaventure.
Hidden away in Pigalle in the 19th arrondissement, the feminine space offers an elegant refuge from the hustle and bustle of the vibrant French city. We love the antique wooden floors and the original features. She has managed to combine a sophisticated elegance with simple French chic.
The high ceilings, marble fireplaces and herringbone parquet flooring create a calming sanctuary whilst retaining a sense of French simplicity.
To create your French home
- Opt for designs with calming neutral hues and blends of white, ivory, cream and caramel tones.
- Mix old with new
- Keep the walls white and simple. Paris apartments tend to be small and white walls are often used to maximize on the available light
- Add vintage finds. France is renowned for its brocantes (flea markets) so add your vintage finds to create an individual style
- Invest in a high quality rug. A beautiful rug will add texture and interest to a simple white room
- Try adding an ornate chandelier to introduce a Parisian style
- Add a large gilt mirror. Nothing says French style more than a beautiful ornate mirror.
- Source a vintage armoire and remember it doesn’t need to stay in the bedroom. It can be a design statement in any room.
For inspiration take a look at these images and give your home some Parisian chic.
All images photographed by Nicolas Mathéus. Originally featured in Vogue.com.au
Check out these books for more french home inspiration.